1, – ORGANIZER: CEVISAMA-, International Fair for Architectural Ceramics, Bathroom and Kitchen Equipment, Natural Stone, Raw Materials, Frits, Glazes and Colours, Machinery. (Machinery: every two years)
2, – COMPETITION VENUE: FERIA VALENCIA.
3, – DATE OF EXHIBITION: From January 28th to February 1st 2019.
4, – COMPETITION TYPE: There are two areas
1,- CERAMIC DESIGN: ceramic products for architecture that have the following criteria; they should be innovative in terms of shape, aesthetics and function, should offer enhanced decorative potential, be good value for money and show a concern and be produced by a process that is environmentally friendly. Within this area there are two categories.
A- CERAMIC TILE PRODUCTS SHAPED BY SEMI DRY PRESSING –
This process involves compacting the ceramic powder into tiny particles contained in a rigid cavity by applying pressure in a single direction.
B- CERAMIC TILE PRODUCTS SHAPED BY OTHER METHODS.
2, – BATHROOM DESIGN. Motto: Public Baths, the bathroom as a meeting point
5. – CONTESTANTS: The competition is open to students enrolled at Spanish and international schools of design, fine arts, architecture and engineering and to postgraduate and masters students. Students who have graduated before September 2018 may also take part. Individuals or teams may submit entries in this category in one or several areas of specialist design or in their degree subject. In the event of group entry, it is necessary to complete only one application form with the names of the participants.
6. – PRIZES: There will be two prizes available in each category:
1. – CERAMIC DESIGN
A- 1st prize – 2,000 €
2nd prize – 1,000 €
B- 1st prize – 2,000 €
2nd prize – 1,000 €
2. – BATHROOM DESIGN
1st prize – 2,000 €
2nd prize – 1,000 €
The prizes are subject to the applicable tax deductions.
7. JUDGES – They will be appointed by CEVISAMA´S organising committee however they will be autonomous in their decisions. They will determine the winner based on the pieces submitted, drawing up a shortlist of candidates that have fulfilled all the requirements of the competition. The judges will award prizes by unanimous or majority vote.
The decision of the judging panel is final. They will provide reasons for why they have allocated each of the prizes. They have the power to revoke any of the prizes if they feel that the designs submitted are not of sufficient quality. Likewise, the judges will pay particular attention to award prizes to designs that are likely to be taken forward to industrial production.
8. ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS: You must send your online application form to the CEVISAMA offices until December 31st 2018, complete with all your personal data in block letters. You can do this through our website www.cevisamalab.com
9. DEADLINE: All competing items must be received between January 2nd to 9th 2019 , and should be delivered to FERIA VALENCIA/CEVISAMAlab – Att: Delivery Department – Avenida de las Ferias, s/n – 46035 Benimamet (VALENCIA) SPAIN.
Deliveries in person may only be made on January 9th 2019 to the warehouse Pavilion 8 of Feria Valencia between the hours of 09.00-13.30.
10.PRESENTATION: The layout of your design should be presented as a single panel (100 x 70 cm) in vertical format, mounted on an art board (5mm thick) A brief technical summary and a description of how you came up with the ideas for your design, in word processing format no longer than one A4 page, should also be included.
11. SHIPPING AND COLLECTION: Competition items should be packaged appropriately and the theme of the project and the category to be entered for the award must be evident from the outside.
Inside, in a sealed envelope, you should include the chosen motto for your work and an affidavit stating that the design submitted is the entrants own work and has not previously been entered for any other competition or event other than the competition in question. Furthermore, it is necessary to indicate the monetary value of the item as well as the entrant’s personal information (name, e-mail address, contact telephone number, home address and education establishment where he/she is studying.
The participants can request in writing the return of projects, specifying address and transport agency. The handover costs of the works from abroad, should be managed in the country of origin. For pick-up and return procedures, please write an email to email@example.com indicating the day and how the service will be performed.
12. EXHIBITION: The winning designs and those selected by the judges will be exhibited at CEVISAMA from January 28th to February 1st 2019 in one of the venue’s pavilions, revealing the judge’s decision before the opening ceremony.
The prize-winning entries may be exhibited in future exhibitions.
13. ADVERTISING: The results of the competition will be published in magazines specific to the industry and the designs will be put forward to businesses that may be interested in the work presented.
14. QUERIES: Please call the CEVISAMA offices if you have any queries regarding these rules. FERIA VALENCIA does not accept responsibility for any loss or breakages sustained to an item that occurs during transportation or whilst the item is at the exhibition venue.
15. DATA PROTECTION: Entrants are advised that the personal details collected will be added to databases that are the property of CEVISAMA, whose registered address is Avda. de las Ferias s/n, 46035 Valencia, and will be processed for the purposes of managing the communications, events and publications that the CEVISAMA fair devises for third parties such as yourself who are in contact with CEVISAMA.
It is imperative that the details be provided as otherwise your submission cannot be dealt with.
You may exercise your right to access, amend, cancel or oppose the use of your details by writing to CEVISAMA, Avda. de las Ferias s/n, 46035 Valencia or by e.-mail at the following electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org